One of the best things about anime is strong antagonists and Fairy Tail gives us the kind of antagonists that spice things up perfectly. Zeref Dragneel is one of those antagonists. Fairy Tail has a habit of raising characters that shouldn’t exist, yet the way they drag these characters out continues to amaze us. When we first started watching Fairy Tail, we never imagined that the protagonist Natsu Dragneel would have someone in his family who will turn out to be an antagonist in the future.
But honestly, when things like this happen, it gives us all the spice we need that we’re missing in our real life. We live in the moment with the characters we see. But when the past unravels, things start to blow up in our minds.
But who is Zeref Dragneel? How is he related to Natsu? What are his powers and magic? If you’re dying to know all about Zeref, we’re just as excited to tell you all about him as you are. So let’s get started, without wasting a single second.
Who is Zeref Dragneel?
Is there anything this man doesn’t have or hasn’t done? We will almost all know. Zeref is one of the strongest evil Mage, who has the most extreme and dangerous magic in his arsenal. He is also known as Emperor Spriggan who founded the empire of Alvarez. Zeref is the legendary “The Black Mage” who is known as the worst mage that ever existed on Earth. He is over 400 years old whose legacy lives on because he has people who follow and worship him.
Most dark guilds were founded with the intent of reviving Zeref. He has a countless amount of magic in his arsenal. Every dark magic you can imagine, it’s all there. His magic is why most demons were created to spread destruction everywhere.
Aside from dark magic, Zeref is also known as a skilled user of Death Magic. When he first appeared, he couldn’t even control his powers, which made him hate himself. It was later revealed that he is a “not so close” older brother to Natsu Dragneel and August’s illegitimate father.
Also read: 10 reasons why you should watch Fairy Tail
Magical arsenal and skills
- black art: Zeref’s black magic is so disastrous that anyone standing in his way would die and his lack of control over his black magic is the reason for his fluctuating emotional state. There was a time when he said he cares about life, but he can’t help but lose control of his powers. But once he stops caring about everyone, he feels like he’s in control. All the Black Magic that comes under his Black Arts are Ankhseram Black Magic, Dark Blast Inferno, Death Orb, Repent, and Death Predation. One thing that is common to all of this Black Magic is that if anyone gets in Zeref’s way, there is no other way to end than for them to die.
- living magic: If Zeref’s magic can kill, his magic can also please. But this magic does not give birth to humans, but to demons. With this magic, Zeref can create either one strong demon or an army of demons, which will only cause destruction. The types of magic in this category are Deliora, Nemesis, Lullaby, END, Tartaros, and Bloodman. This magic gives birth to demons that only take people’s lives.
- Teleportation Magic: As the name suggests, Zeref can teleport himself wherever he wants. There was a moment when he easily teleported himself and conjured a Death Orb in the middle of nowhere.
- Immobilization Magic: This magic allows Zeref to freeze time for everything and everyone. Except the ones he doesn’t want to freeze. When this magic is used, the color of the environment is reversed, except for those Zeref chose not to freeze.
- Immortality and fast regeneration: Zeref became immortal about 400 years ago. This is because he was cursed by the God Ankhseram with Ankhseram Black Magic. If Zeref is injured during combat, his wounds will not take time to heal immediately.
Also read: Will Zeref Dragneel die in Fairy Tail?
One Punch Man Manga Read Online
One Punch Man Manga Read Online: One-Punch Man is a Japanese superhero series created by the creator ONE. It is a story about Saitama, a super-hero who is able to take on anyone with just one punch, but is looking for an appropriate opponent after becoming frustrated by the lack of competition due to his incredible ability. ONE developed the original webcomic version at the beginning of 2009.
A digital manga remake began publication on Shueisha's Tonari no Young Jump website in June 2012. The manga's illustration is by Yusuke Murata. Its chapters are regularly collected and released as each tankobon book. At the time of writing, January 2021 23 volumes were published. For North America, Viz Media license the manga remake to be released in English version and has serialized in their Weekly Shonen Jump digital magazine.
A manga-anime adaption of the manga produced by Madhouse it was shown throughout Japan from October until December 2015. The second season, created by J.C.Staff and J.C.Staff, began airing from April until July 2019. This anime show is licensed to North America by Viz Media and premiered on the United States on Adult Swim's Toonami block of programming in July, 2016. The second season debuted in October of 2019.
In June 2012, the original webcomic was able to surpass 7.9 millions hits. By April 2020 the manga's remake had sold more than thirty million copies.